Ronald. W. Buchmeier (Retired)
Ronald W. Buchmeier joined the firm in 1997, bringing years of experience as a bankruptcy practitioner and an in house counsel to a large commercial bank. Born in Garrett, IN, Ron received his undergraduate degree from Manchester University and his law degree from Indiana University McKinney School of Law (cum laude). Ron has been recognized as a “Super Lawyer” by an annual survey of peers published by Indianapolis Monthly magazine, and has the highest professional rating (AV) by Martindale Hubbell.
- Represents financial institutions in the collection of commercial loans, bankruptcy and reorganizations, including formal and informal reorganizations and workouts
- Represents banks in the defense of payment systems/check processing claims
- Represents plaintiffs and defendants in commercial litigation
- Indiana, 1979
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1979
- Northern District of Indiana, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, 2014
- Manchester University, B.S., 1974
- Indiana University McKinney School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1979
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Nicholas W. Sufana, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Indiana
Professional and Charitable Organizations
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Member, Commercial and Bankruptcy Section)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member, Bankruptcy Section)
- Conference on Consumer Finance Law
- Indiana Association for Corporate Renewal
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation Distinguished Fellow
- Indiana Bar Foundation Fellow
- St. Thomas More Society of Indianapolis (Former President)
- St. Agnes Catholic Church (Eucharistic Minister)
Publications and Lectures
- “Advance Collection Law,” National Business Institute (2014).
- “Collection Law Tips and Strategies,” National Business Institute (2012).
- “Collections: Seeking and Collecting a Judgment,” National Business Institute (Dec. 2010).
- “Foreclosure and Repossession in Indiana,” Lorman Education Services (Nov. 2008).
- “Collection Law in Indiana including the New Bankruptcy Reform Act,” Lorman Education Services (July 2006).
- “The Nuts and Bolts of Checks, Notes and Bank Deposits,” Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (July 1994).
- Successfully defended out of state corporation and individual shareholders in federal court from an attempt to freeze and seize corporate and individual assets.
- Negotiated and documented restructure of loans from $10,000 to those in excess of $19 million.