Jeffrey E. Ramsey
Jeffrey E. Ramsey joined the firm in 1993, with several years of experience in creditor’s rights. Born in Hammond, IN, Jeff received both his undergraduate and law degrees from Valparaiso University, where he served as Note Editor for the Law Review.
Jeff has the highest professional rating (AV) by Martindale Hubbell and has been named a Indiana Super Lawyer from 2012 to present.
- Represents creditors and banks in loan workouts, restructuring, bankruptcies, foreclosures and liquidations
- Represents financial institutions and creditors in commercial and consumer collections cases
- Represents creditors in various types of commercial litigation
- Represents business entities in formation and dissolution
- Represents businesses and individuals in real estate transactions
- Indiana, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Judicial Circuit, 1985
- Valparaiso University, B.A., 1980
- Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D., with honors, 1985
- Note Editor, University School of Law, Valparaiso Law Review
- Clerk for the Honorable Morton B. Kanz, Lake County Superior Court
- Clerk for the Honorable Wesley W. Ratliff, Jr., Chief Judge of the Indiana Court of Appeals
Professional and Charitable Organizations
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Member, Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Section)
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indiana Association for Corporate Renewal
- Commercial Law League of America
- Indy Rainbow Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors)
- The Indianapolis Dramatic Club
- International Association of Commercial Collectors
- Best Lawyers 2016 – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/ Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- National City Bank of Indiana v. Morris, 717 N.E.2d 934 (Ind.App., 1999)
- Matter of Vicars Ins. Agency, Inc., 96 F.3d 949 (7th Cir., 1996)
- Matter of Penrod, 50 F.3d 459 (7th Cir., 1995)
- Sciscoe v. Leistner, 164 B.R. 86 (S.D.Ind., 1993)
- Bicknell v. Stanley, 118 B.R. 652 (S.D.Ind., 1990)
- In re Allied Companies, Inc., 155 B.R. 739 (Bankr.S.D.Ind., 1992)
- Represented bank in suit on notes, security agreements and guaranties, involving coordination of pre-judgment garnishments and attachments, with and without notice, to secure collateral or other assets of the debtor prior to suit, culminating in full recovery for the bank.
- Represented former engineering employee in breach of employment contract action. Planned and executed extensive pre-judgment replevin, without notice, of National race team’s assets, which ultimately resulted in settlement of case and payment of prize monies owed to former employee.
- Represented various banks, financial institutions, and lenders in numerous commercial foreclosure actions, sales of property, replevin of equipment and pursuit of guarantors upon deficiency judgments.
- Pioneered the use of private auctions under state foreclosure statements to maximize return on commercial foreclosures.
- Represented banks and other mortgage lenders in numerous consumer foreclosure actions, sales of the real estate and the pursuit of deficiency judgments.
- Represented numerous banks and creditors in workouts, negotiations and documenting forbearance agreements and other payment plans.