Christopher C. Hagenow
- Represents businesses and individuals regarding entity formation and dissolution
- Represents businesses and individuals in drafting and negotiating contracts, leases, buy/sell agreements, sales and acquisition agreements, and non-competition agreements
- Represents businesses and individuals in real estate transactions
- Represents businesses and individuals in court trials, jury trials, arbitrations and mediations involving breach of contract disputes, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, real estate litigation, medical malpractice proceedings and personal injury/wrongful death litigation
- Represents financial institutions and borrowers in loan transactions, restructuring, workouts and related business matters
- Indiana, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern District Courts of Indiana, 1992
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1989
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, J.D., 1992
- Phi Delta Phi
Professional and Charitable Organizations
- FORUM Credit Union, Director
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Past Member of Executive Committee, Young Lawyers Division; Past Chair, IBA Golf Outing; Member, Commercial and Bankruptcy Law and Business Law Sections)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Past State Chair, Young Lawyers Section; Past Chair, ISBA Judicial Reception; Member, Bankruptcy, Corporate, Business and Litigation Sections)
- American Bar Association (Member, Business Law Section)
- Lifetime Member Montclair Who’s Who (2011)
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation Distinguished Fellow
- Indianapolis Bar Association Young Lawyer Award 2001
- Indiana Association for Corporate Renewal
- Indiana Banker’s Association
- Commercial Law League of America
- International Association of Commercial Collectors
- Penrod Society
- St. Simon the Apostle Catholic Church (Lector; Volunteer Basketball Coach)
- St. Elizabeth’s Board of Directors (Former Secretary)
- Holy Spirit at Geist, Volunteer Basketball Coach (former)
- Moorings Owners Association (Past President)
Publications and Lectures
- Author and Lecturer, “Case Law for the Mergers and Acquisitions Attorney” and “Ethics in M&A”, at NBI Seminar “Mergers and Acquisitions Nuts and Bolts” (December, 2011).
- Author and Lecturer, “Use of Cash Collateral and DIP Financing,” ICLEF Annual Bankruptcy Institute (December, 2011).
- Author and Lecturer, “Entity Formation and Related Issues,” at NBI Seminar Business Law from A to Z (March, 2009).
- Author and Lecturer, “Deposition Practice in Indiana,” (July, 2004).
- Author and Lecturer, “Defending the Low Impact Claim,” Indiana Insurance Institute Defense Seminar (June, 2000).
- Author and Lecturer, “Comparative Fault,” “To I.M.E. or Not to I.M.E., That is the Question,” and “Alternative Dispute Resolution,” Auto Insurance Law and Accident Litigation in Indiana Seminar, Indianapolis (May, 1999 and May, 2000).
- Author, “Defending Traumatic Brain Injury Cases,” with Joan Fullam Irick, IADC Publication (1999).
- Represented Bank through a loan workout and sale of 200+ convenience store/ wholesale petroleum distributor. Secured Bank’s position through Chapter 11 bankruptcy and liquidation of debtor’s assets. Obtained full recovery for Bank of $23 million.
- Represented Bank in workout of loans to medical center in Northwest Indiana for $20+ million of exposure in construction/ operating loans. Documented and completed restructuring and workout in favor of Bank. Resulted in Bank being paid in full.
- Represented debtor challenging non-competition and non-solicitation covenants in employment agreement through preliminary injunction hearing and subsequent mediation, ending in a confidential settlement.
- Represented various employers seeking to enforce non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, and has represented employees in trial who are subject to non-competition and non-solicitation agreements with their former employers.
- Represented trucking company in issues and trial involving multi-million dollar wrongful death claim.
- Represented Bank in bankruptcy and related litigation involving developer and investors for fraud with over nine million dollars in exposure. Guided Bank through bankruptcy, recovery, and claims against title insurance companies insuring title in companies involved in fraudulent transfers. Pursued multiple borrowers who provided credit to debtor on behalf of Bank.
- Represented real estate developer in litigation and trial brought by former business partner. Negotiated settlement during trial for fraction of the plaintiff’s pre-trial demand.
- Represented client in loan negotiations and successfully negotiated change to long standing loan terms that were part of client’s previous loan documents.
- Represented Banks in workouts involving appointments of Receivers over commercial and multi-tenant properties and in related bankruptcy issues
- Represented real estate lender and obtained favorable ruling from Indiana Court of Appeals concerning appealing party’s lack of standing to contest judicial sale of real estate.
- Represented businesses in the acquisition of competitors and negotiated related employment non-competition and non-solicitation agreements involving the principals of the acquired business.
- Represented and counseled business through wind down of business and counseled concerning possible successor in interest liabilities.
- Represented minority owned business enterprises in obtaining approval of MBE and WBE status and in other general business matters.
- Represented business clients in acquisition of competitor and in enforcement of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements against former employees.
- Argued case before Indiana Supreme Court on issue of first impression in Indiana concerning validity and enforceability of certain consumer mortgages.
- Represented former industry leading business in restructure of its debt obligations, wind down of business affairs, and negotiation of numerous settlements in order to avoid involuntary bankruptcy filing and resolve creditor claims.
- Represented secured lender in restructure of $10 million debt facilities with restaurant owner and operator, allowing borrower to recover and eventually be returned to good standing with the lender.
- Represented law firm in wind down of business and negotiation of numerous settlements and unsecured creditors following closing of firm.